At last, we’ve made it. We weren’t wiped out in a Mayan apocalypse and we survived the forced jollity of New Years Eve. The discarded party hats, party poppers and champagne corks will soon be swept up and a new year begins. So what are my resolutions for 2013?
Normally, I’m the same as everyone else – lose weight, eat more healthily, take up exercise, yada yada yada. By the 10th of January, I’m back on the sofa, cramming popcorn in my mouth and channel surfing.
My brand new shiny trainers remain brand new and shiny and I refuse to take part in the ritual humiliation of the weigh-in at Slimming World. The last time I joined that club, I celebrated losing a pound by popping into the pub with friends on the way home for a white wine spritzer and a bag of crisps.
This year will be different. I am going to set reasonable, achievable goals:
- Try something new every day – even if it is just buying a different newspaper or changing my coffee order. I need to shake up my routine a little, so small steps.
- Take up 10 minutes of exercise a day – a quick walk round the block rather than an intensive, army-like regime which I would give up within two days.
- Start our MS book club – Reading Between the Wines.
- Finish my degree course, with honours. I’ve come this far, I won’t give up now.
- Keep blogging every day apart from Silent Sundays – it keeps me sane…
Hi SIF aka Alan/Al… and Happy New Year to you too. Hope that it brings all that’s good.
One resolution that I’ve just made hasn’t been too hard to keep: find something funny. Just heard something on Radio 4 Extra this aft by Jim Sweeney, ‘My MS and me’. Hilarious/poignant/moving and just plain LOL. Bit like your blog really!
Good luck with the job, sounds pretty tough going and all the best for 2013,
Thank you for your comment. Must see if I can download that programme, sounds fab. That’s an excellent resolution to have – might just adopt it as one of my own!
Back to that job tomorrow – let’s see if she still calls me Alan…