In the spirit of Bank Holiday DIY-not, here’s a little list explaining how what I say covers up a whole different, hidden life:
- ‘Yeah, just a bit tired’ – I will simply wither and die if I do not immediately find somewhere, anywhere, to lie down and sleep.
- ‘I had a really good day yesterday’ – I got through it.
- ‘Oh, me? Loads of plans for the weekend’ – Sleep, sit on sofa, have a little think. Sleep some more.
- ‘Your amazing meal at that great new restaurant sounds fabulous – wish I could have come with you guys, but I had a lovely meal at home’ – heated up some microwave rice, ate from packet.
- ‘What, these? Oh, I bruise easily’ – you should see the walls.
- ‘Whoops, butter-fingers’ – please excuse me dropping my coffee/juice/water all over your trousers.
- ‘Wow, I can fly’ – pesky foot-drop.
- ‘Awww, I’d love to, but I can’t’ – pretty much everything.
I could go on. And on, but I won’t bore you.
It surprises me how much I gloss over serious symptoms that impact my life at every turn.
But, ‘tomorrow is another day’.
Or, let’s see what MS throws at it?
So glad you have not lost your sense of humour – enjoy the rest of your bank holiday😁!
Thank you so much! Definitely not lost my sense of humour, despite everything the DWP throws at me! X