In the spirit of Bank Holiday DIY-not, here’s a little list explaining how what I say covers up a whole different, hidden life:
- ‘Yeah, just a bit tired’ – I will simply wither and die if I do not immediately find somewhere, anywhere, to lie down and sleep.
- ‘I had a really good day yesterday’ – I got through it.
- ‘Oh, me? Loads of plans for the weekend’ – Sleep, sit on sofa, have a little think. Sleep some more.
- ‘Your amazing meal at that great new restaurant sounds fabulous – wish I could have come with you guys, but I had a lovely meal at home’ – heated up some microwave rice, ate from packet.
- ‘What, these? Oh, I bruise easily’ – you should see the walls.
- ‘Whoops, butter-fingers’ – please excuse me dropping my coffee/juice/water all over your trousers.
- ‘Wow, I can fly’ – pesky foot-drop.
- ‘Awww, I’d love to, but I can’t’ – pretty much everything.
I could go on. And on, but I won’t bore you.
It surprises me how much I gloss over serious symptoms that impact my life at every turn.
But, ‘tomorrow is another day’.
Or, let’s see what MS throws at it?